Attention University Employees!Oct 17, 2023, 12:04 AM By MOSERS
Transferring CURP Members
An employee’s transfer from CURP to MOSERS takes effect the first day of the month following your receipt of the Transfer of CURP Membership form from the employee. The receipt date should be noted in Section C of the form. Send completed transfer forms to MOSERS and enroll the employee into SEBES.
For example, if you receive the transfer form on October 20, assuming the employee meets the eligibility requirements to transfer, their CURP membership will end on October 31, and their MSEP 2011 membership will start on November 1.
Entering Contract Employees
Contract employees who are paid over 9 or 10 months but receive service credit for 12 months of employment must be entered into SEBES as contract employees instead of regular employees. The distinction is important as it will allow us to grant such employees uninterrupted service credit and keep them off monthly error reports. Submit Leave of Absence forms for regular employees who do not work when the institution is closed for extended periods during the winter or summer breaks.
Transfers Quick-Reference GuideDec 13, 2022, 2:21 PM By MOSERS
A “transfer”, as MOSERS defines it, occurs when an employee moves from one MOSERS-covered agency to another without a 30-day break in service or when an employee moves from one org/section to another org/section within the same agency.
When a transfer occurs, MOSERS needs a record of where the employee left and where the employee is going to ensure the continuity of the employee’s benefits through MOSERS.
The action you take to report the activity to MOSERS depends on the circumstances.
Here’s a quick-reference guide we hope will help you in those situations:
*If you have a group of employees moving from one org/section to another org/section within your agency rather than an individual employee, please email email@example.com. We can initiate a mass transfer of employees on your behalf without you having to submit individual Transfer forms.
CURP TransfersOct 13, 2022, 7:44 AM By MOSERS
Attention University Employers: After participating in the College and University Retirement Plan (CURP) for at least six years, and while still employed in a CURP-covered position, an employee may elect to transfer their membership to the Missouri State Employees’ Plan 2011 (MSEP 2011). Please note that HR should submit the Transfer of CURP Membership form to MOSERS and enter the member into SEBES.Enrolling through SEBES is a new step in this process so we want to draw your attention to this change. See Transferring from CURP to MOSERS for more information.
CURP TransfersOct 13, 2021, 8:26 AM By MOSERSAttention University Employers: After participating in the College and University Retirement Plan (CURP) for at least six years, and while still employed in a CURP-covered position, an employee may elect to transfer their membership to the Missouri State Employees’ Plan 2011 (MSEP 2011). Please note that HR should mail the Transfer of CURP Membership form to MOSERS and ALSO enter the member into SEBES. When completing the SEBES entry, the date of transfer to MOSERS (their first day with MOSERS) should be entered as the hire date. See Transferring from CURP to MOSERS for more information.
Internal TransfersAug 16, 2021, 10:43 AM By MOSERS
Please note that a transfer form should be submitted to report the internal transfer of an employee. An internal transfer is when an employee moves from one organization or section to another within the same agency or department, this includes moving from one facility or work location to another within the same agency or department.
The transfer form alerts MOSERS of a change in pay location for the employee and their service records are updated accordingly. Submitting the transfer form is important to help MOSERS maintain accurate service records and ensure the salary received for an employee aligns with their service.
Timely SubmissionsFeb 17, 2021, 12:50 PM By MOSERS
Maintaining accurate service records is vital in the calculation/determination of benefits for MOSERS members. It is very important that you submit termination, transfer, and leave of absence/back to work forms in a timely manner through the MOSERS Employer Portal. We appreciate your continued support in making these processes smooth and efficient for you and your employees.
- Report the last day the employee was actively employed by your agency, this includes the last day worked or on leave (paid or unpaid).
- If you are a SAMII agency, the termination date entered on the form is typically one day earlier than the termination date used in SAMII.
- If an employee is terminating at the end of a pay period, and the pay period ends on a regularly scheduled day off, please submit the termination date as the last day of the pay period.
- An employee’s date of termination and payroll must agree.
- Example: If an employee’s last day of work is on January 31, they should receive payroll for the full month of January.
- If there is a date difference between the last day worked (or on paid leave) and the date of termination, submit a Leave of Absence form for the period between the last time worked or when the leave was exhausted to the date of termination.
- Example: Termination date 3/14/2021 — no payrolls received for March 31 payroll
- Submit a leave form effective 3/1/2021 to term date of 3/14/2021.
- If an employee is retiring directly from active employment, use the last day of the month in which they were actively employed by your agency as the termination date.
- Example: Retirement date is 4/1/2021 = Termination date of 3/31/2021
- Please submit the employee’s termination form no later than the first week of the month in which he/she is retiring.
- Be cautious about submitting a termination form too early (i.e., two months or earlier). Once the form has been submitted online, it automatically updates the employee’s records in our system and shows them as terminated. The employee then may no longer be able to generate benefit estimates using myMOSERS.
- If the employee has not missed 30 calendar days of payroll and is transferring employment from one state agency to another (in a MOSERS-covered benefit-eligible position):
- The hiring agency must complete the Transfer of Employment form.
- The previous employer must complete the Termination of Employment form.
- Exceptions for completing a transfer form:
- Employees returning to state employment who have missed 30 calendar days of payroll.
- Employees transferring from the Department of Conservation, Highway Patrol, Department of Transportations, or a state college/university (except State Technical College of Missouri and Lincoln University), which are not covered by MOSERS' life insurance plan.
- If either exception exists, the hiring agency should enroll the employee in SEBES rather than submitting a transfer form.
Leave of Absence
- MOSERS requires the agency to report a leave of absence using the first full day the employee is in an unpaid status as the effective date of leave.
- Report to MOSERS when the employee returns to work.
Annual Benefit Statement
Termination and Reemployment Rules